Friday 4 October 2013

Ribery: I work harder than Messi & Ronaldo

Ribery: I work harder than Messi & RonaldoBayern Munich winger Franck Ribery believes he works harder on the pitch than his main rivals for the Fifa Ballon d'Or, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
  The France international played a key role in Bayern's historic treble win in 2012-13 and has been an impressive form in the opening months of the new season, making him one of the favourites to dethrone the Barcelona star.

"Compared to them, I work much harder. I do a lot more defending than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and provide more assists," Ribery told Kicker.

"It would be fantastic to actually win the Fifa Ballon d'Or when you have a shot at winning it.

"I have even more confidence in myself than before and that shows on the pitch. I am on top of my game and score a lot of goals. I am really enjoying myself on the pitch."

Messi has won the Ballon d'Or three times in a row since the award merged with the Fifa World Player of the Year accolade in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment