Monday 6 October 2014

Falcao needed that goal - LVG

iol spt oct6 Falcao R
Louis Van Gaal believes Radamel Falcao’s Premier League career will take off after the forward claimed his first goal to clinch victory for Manchester United.
Falcao, who could end up costing more than £50million if his loan move from Monaco becomes permanent, had failed to score in his first three games in England but pounced in the second half to give United a 2-1 win.

The 28-year-old Colombian missed several earlier opportunities and Van Gaal revealed that he had spoken to Falcao about trying too hard to open his account.
‘He needed that goal,’ said the United boss. ‘I have talked with him because I thought he was forcing himself too much to score a goal. He’s a player who will normally score a goal every match and has had to wait so long. I can understand that but now he has scored it will be better after the international break.’
Victory lifted United into the top four but Van Gaal admitted his team are still not playing to full capacity after he spent more than £150m in the summer. ‘I have told my players that we are not playing good but we are fourth,’ added the Dutchman. ‘What is coming when we are playing well? I was amazed because we played such a very good first half and this is the second game (in a row) when we are not good in the second half.’
United needed a man-of-the-match display from David de Gea to see the game out. He became the first to save a Leighton Baines penalty in the Premier League after Luke Shaw fouled Tony Hibbert, and then made several outstanding stops. ‘I’m devastated it was a penalty because I thought I touched the ball,’ said Shaw. ‘But all thanks to David de Gea. He was world-class.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment